Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Project: Wristlet


When I first saw the wristlet and make up bags posted in Weddingbee and on Etsy by Angela Liu Designs, I thought they made great bridesmaid gifts. I never had the chance to purchase them since I got lazy and couldn't order them on time. Her fabrics are pretty and cute w/ Japanese Anime prints. They are pretty original and I love
how the black zipper complements her logo.

Since I first started sewing, I have been wanting to make one. I found several tutorials online. It's actually quite simple to make. Sewing the zipper is such a pain. Since this week's class is about zippers, I hope I can learn a simpler way of sewing them.

Couple weeks ago, I learned how to make a strap on the plastic bag dispenser. This proved helpful. I made the same strap for the clutch and sewed it in the inside so that you can pull it out to use as a clutch or slip it inside for a makeup bag.




8 comments:

~ Jolene said...

wow, SO impressed! I can barely sew the button on my husband's shirts! It looks fabulous!

weezermonkey said...

Eeeee! I love that li'l pouch! Obviously. :)

amber said...

that is my favorite thing yet! :)

R said...

super cute! great job. won't be too long before i see your stuff on etsy. ;)

dapotato said...

so cute!!! eeeee...pink, orange, dots, too!

Winnie said...

Wow! That looks fantastic!

wan said...

ooh, love the pattern and colors!

Kay said...

you should sell your stuff of etsy.com, the purses you have made so far are all so cute