Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Iron Man at the Dome

Mr. Cee spent his Friday at happy hour at Mojitos while I stayed at home waiting for the rental guy to drop off the chairs for tomorrow's event. I'm hosting PharmD and Chinaman's baby shower. So much prepping for a lil ol party.

Later that evening we met up w/ some friends to celebrate TexanLonghorn's bday by watching Iron Man opening day at the ArcLight. Thank goodness we pre-ordered our tix and scored some awesome reserved seats. No waiting in lines. I'm too old to be waiting in line for a flick. Ah, to be young again.

Someone got Texan an Iron Man t-shirt and we scored him an action figure. Of course we had him take an actual pic w/ the display. Of course I had to take in on the action.



They also displayed the Audi from the movie. Such a drool worthy car. One day. Le sigh.

The movie was awesome. When I first heard that Robert Downey Jr was playing a super hero, i scoffed at the idea. Well, I was proven wrong. Loved him and it was perfect. Very sassy in the movie. I won't spoil it for the rest of you but after seeing that movie, I don't know how I'm gonna watch the rest of the summer blockbusters. Oh and SpeedRacer looks like a candy coated explosion of lameness.

12 comments:

R said...

I will see Iron Man and Speed Racer. The second if only because Matthew Fox is in it. Roowwr! Oh, and Lil Man wants to see them both. Hee. :)

That Girl said...

This is on our list of possible movies this weekend

California Girl said...

I can't remember the last movie I saw. It's crazy.

I'll go see Iron Man only if h wants to see it.

weezermonkey said...

Does your friend know his blog nickname is Chinaman?!

I can't wait to see Iron Man. I haven't been to the movies in awhile.

Cee said...

Weemo, he's dam proud to say he's from China. Yao Ming is his hero.

wan said...

the last movie i saw in the theater was "the kingdom." the night before the bean was born.

'nuff said.

Winnie said...

The last movie I saw in the theater was Cloverfield . . . only 4 months ago, not bad.

Speed Racer looks stupid. Though then again, I thought Ironman was gonna be horrible too but looks like you enjoyed it. I'll add it to my Blockbuster queue :)

amber said...

the last movie i saw in the theater was the lastest harry potter flick. mmm hmmm, it's been AGES!

all these good reviews have me ready to ironman though. and i was so not excited about it, either.

dapotato said...

i also haven't been to the movies in forever, and this is on my list.

Jen said...

I liked it, too!

alyssa said...

Gosh, you are about as behind with blogging as me :) As I was posting some much belated comments, I realized I hadn't received a Google Reader update from your blog. I loved Iron Man and we just saw the Hulk yesterday - also very good! Miss your blog updates! What ever happened with the Hawaiian wedding you were attending?

Unknown said...

ya, the r8 is uber zzzexy!